Learn terminology you may see when using Graph.
- Link analysis: A data analysis technique used to identify and evaluate relationships between entities in a dataset, primarily through visualizations.
- Query: A search request you make in Graph that defines which Accounts you want to surface. In a Query, you specify at least one property (like IP Address or device fingerprint), and the value of that property. The Query result includes all Accounts with a matching value for that property.
- Graph Explorer: The visual interface in Persona where you can make a Query and explore results.
- Query Template: A preconfigured Query that you can save and reuse.
- Canvas: The main area of Graph Explorer where Query results appear.
- Node: The items that appear on the Graph Explorer Canvas as a result of a Query. Each node represents either an Account in Persona, or a property of that Account.
- Account node: A node that represents an Account.
- Property node: A node that represents a property of an Account.
- Account property (or, Property): Characteristics of an Account, such as email, phone number, device fingerprint, etc.
- For a list of Account properties you can use in Graph, see Graph Query reference.
- Link: A connection between two nodes.
- An Account node can be linked to a property node. This means the Account has that property.
- Two Account nodes can be linked via a property. This means both Accounts share that property.
- Cluster: A group of Account nodes that are all linked to the same property node.
- Cluster size: The number of nodes in a cluster.
- Starting nodes: The initial set of Accounts of interest to you, in a Query. (In Graph theory terms, this is the seed set.)
- Connected nodes: The set of Accounts that are linked to the starting nodes by shared Account properties.