To set Case deadlines, create a Workflow that uses the Set Case SLA action step.
- Learn about the Cases deadline feature, and how to get access to it, here.
- Learn how to create Workflows here.
Add the Set Case SLA Workflow step
To set an SLA on a Case, add the Set Case SLA action step to a Workflow.
The Set Case SLA step can only be added after a Case is referenced in the Workflow. For example, you can add the Set Case SLA step after a Create Case step; or after a trigger on a Case's status change.
Fill out the following settings:
- Case: the Case to apply the SLA to.
- SLA Target: when to set the deadline. Set this to any number of minutes, hours, or days.
As one example, you can create a Workflow that:
- Triggers on each completed Inquiry.
- Runs a Database Verification on each Inquiry.
- Creates a Case for each Inquiry.
- And then, sets the SLA for each Case.
You can also use a conditional statement in your Workflow to apply SLAs only in specific situations.