About preset comments
The Case Comments module lets you add comments to a Case. If you want to standardize or speed up how your team writes comments, you can create a preset comment.
Using a preset comment
A preset comment is like a comment template. When someone writes a comment on a Case, they can pick from a list of preset comments, and the comment box will be prefilled with text.
You must first configure preset comments on the associated Case Template.
Configure preset comments
Find preset comment settings
Each Case Template has its own preset comments. To find the preset comments settings:
- In the Dashboard, navigate to Cases > Templates.
- Select the Case Template you want to edit.
- In the canvas of the Case Template Editor, find and select the existing Case Comments module.
- Note: If this Case Template doesn't have a Case Comments module, drag and drop the module from the Component Library to the canvas
Add a preset comment
In the Preset comment settings:
- Click + Add.
- Find the new comment and select "..." > Edit.
- Fill in the template name and comment text.
- Click Update.
- Click Save.