Adding Dashboard users
You can add teammates to your Persona Dashboard with these simple steps.
- Use your login credentials (email address + password) to log in
- In the Team: Users section, you can view all of your organization's existing users. At the top right, you'll see an option to 'Invite New User.' When you click this, you'll be prompted to enter your team member's email address.
- When you add a user, they'll receive an invite from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: only users with the 'edit users' permission will be able to add new users. Admins have this permission by default. You can add this permission to other roles in the Team: Roles section of the dashboard. If your user has not received an email, please ask them to check their spam folder and search for email@example.com.
Understanding default roles
You can manage dashboard permissions for each user by assigning them one of the following default roles: Admin, Developer, or Analyst.
- Intended for an individual who is managing the Persona account on behalf of an organization
- Full permissions to use all features, including the ability to add and delete users, manage user permissions, and set up billing, SSO, and 2FA.
- Intended for a developer who is working to integrate Persona on behalf of an organization
- Full access to the Integration, API Configuration, API Logs, and Webhooks sections of the Dashboard
- Read-only access to Cases and Workflows
- No access to view metrics, view or update organization security settings, change user permissions, or invite new users
- Intended for members of the operations, fraud, or CX team who use the Persona dashboard primarily to view or review information for specific individuals.
- Can view Inquiries, Accounts, Lists, Cases, and Workflows
- No access to view metrics, view or update organization security settings, change user permissions or invite new users, redact information, or view developer focused features (e.g. API Configuration, API Logs, and Webhooks )
Editing permissions for roles
If the default roles don't meet your needs, you can edit any of our existing roles
- Navigate to the Roles section of the Dashboard and click on the role you would like to edit.
- Check or uncheck the boxes for the relevant permissions you would like to add or remove.
- Note that if you change a role, this change will apply to all users who have been assigned that role. If you want to update a specific user's role, but not all users assigned to that role, you'll need to create a custom role.
Creating a custom role
If you need additional roles with unique sets of permissions, users with the right permissions (e.g. Admin) can create Custom Roles:
- Under Team: Roles, click the 'Create Role' button.
- Enter a name and description for that role (e.g. fraud operations)
- Apply any combination of permissions to that role by selecting the relevant checkboxes.
- Save your custom role.
- Visit Users and assign a user to your new role.
FAQ / common issues
How can I help a teammate who can't locate an invite?
If your teammate can't locate the invite you sent them, you may want to suggest that they check their spam folder and search their inbox for "firstname.lastname@example.org."
How can I disable access for a user?
Visit the Users page to disable access for any user. Click on the "... " that appears on the right side of the row and you'll see an option to disable that user.
How can I resend an invite when a previous invite has expired?
The link in the invite is valid for 14 days. If the link has expired, you have the option to send a new invite at any time. Visit the Users tab, and for any user, select the link that reads "Resend invite." Clicking this link will invalidate your previous link and send a new one.
How can I add many users across my organization?
Persona offers a Single Sign On (SSO) experience that an Admin can enable by navigating to the Organization Security page. Click the button labeled "Set up" and you'll be provided instructions on how to enable SSO.
How can I enable 2FA?
What 2FA factors methods does Persona Support?
What if I want to enable 2FA for all users?
Admins have the option to enforce 2FA for all users for their organization. Note that once enforced, any user who does not have a 2FA method configured will be locked out of their account. To regain access, an admin may issue a user a one time recovery code. This can be found on the Users page, by navigating to the row for each user and clicking on the "..."
How can I help a user who has lost access to their account?
In the event that a user who has 2FA configured has lost access to their phone or email, an admin can issue a one time code that will allow that user to access the Persona dashboard. This can be found on the Users page, by navigating to the row for each user and clicking on the "..."
Why am I getting an error message that says "This email is already in use?"
When adding a teammate, if you receive a message 'This email is already in use" this means that the email address has already been associated with another Persona organization. To have your team member migrated over to your organization, please reach out to email@example.com or to your customer success manager.