Case Statuses can be used to mirror your preferred workflow or your case management process. You can use default statuses or create your own so that your case flow reflects the way your team operates. You can also run analytics against your statuses to understand a breakdown of all the cases by case status and understand where bottlenecks for your cases are occurring.
When to use Custom Case Statuses
While Cases comes with default statuses, you may want to use custom statuses to map to your exact workflow. For instance, some common use cases for statuses include:
- Tracking stages within your operational process
- E.g. new request → transfer initiated → ready to order → ordered
- Coordinating review between two manual review teams
- Open → Approved by Team 1 → Declined by Team 1
- Open → Approved by Team 1 → Approved by Team 2 / Declined by Team 2
- Reflecting steps in your team’s review process
- Open → Review in Progress → Awaiting Documentation → Approved or Declined
Instructions for adding custom statuses to new templates
To add a new status to a case, simply scroll to the Custom statuses section within Templates. There, you’ll be able to add a new status by selecting Add Status.
Customers often want to more granularly understand metrics behind why cases are being manually approved or declined. Status tags are pre-configured by admins so that agents can select a “reason for status change” when they are approving, declining, or changing the status of a case. Organizations can require “reasons” to be selected when approving or declining a case.